Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Fresh Berry Muffins! (With Berry Coupons too!!)



I want to try something new and would LOVE to hear feedback from my readers on this one! :) 

Starting today, each Tuesday I will post a new and "tasty" recipe for my official "Tasty Tuesday". If you have a recipe you think would fit the theme -- feel free to email it to me at wheelndealmama@aol dot com.   Who knows, you may just get a surprise if your recipe is featured! 

Today I will start with my own recipe. This is my own variation of a standard blueberry muffin -- I personally have never been big on plain blueberry muffins so I added my own twist!  This recipe makes about 18 muffins.

First we'll start with the ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter 
  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar 
  • 1tsp vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup milk 
  • 2tsp baking powder 
  • 2c cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/2tsp salt 
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) 
  • 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Note, I say fresh or frozen as technically you could use frozen, I never have though! Right now, you can actually get a $.50/1 Driscoll Berries coupon too! Sign up here for their emails and you will get an email with the coupon! Perfect coupon for this recipe, you can print it twice and you need two containers. 

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy
  • Stir in vanilla, followed by eggs and milk
  • Combine dry ingredients and mix these in gradually.
  • Stir in the blueberries

  • Fold in the raspberries



  • Fill pregreased or lined muffin tin with LARGE spoonfuls and cook for 26-28 minutes.


  • Do the "toothpick test" to verify cooked, remove from oven and ENJOY! 

I actually made these last Wednesday, they were gone by Thursday... :)    Again, I would LOVE to hear feedback from the readers on this, try the recipe, give me your's, whatever!! 


1 comment:

  1. I made these today and they were Delish. I love baking with fresh fruit. Thanks

    ReplyDelete