Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Groupon: 1/2 Off a Home-Brewing Kit = Saving money on Adult Beverages!


With Summer rapidly approaching, one of my favorite things is hanging out with friends and family, BBQing and having a couple drinks, and no, I don't mean lemonade :) 

Unfortunately the cost of alcohol is not cheap though! There are occasionally coupons and almost always rebate offers on some liquors.   When it comes to beer, not so much!  

One way that you can save money on beer though, is through something like this offer on Groupon today. They have a Home-Brewing kit offer:

For $64, you get a brewing essentials equipment kit (a $56.95 value), a steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value), your choice of either an Irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an Irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $25.95 value), an instructional DVD (a $4.95 value), and a $25 gift certificate for your second batch shipped from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies (up to a $127.80 total value). A $12 shipping fee is not included in the price of the Groupon.

While, after shipping, you would be spending about $76, you will be saving a lot of money in the longer run. Especially if you have regular BBQs with friends and family! Plus, brewing your own beer sounds kind of fun to me!


If you have any other awesome tips on saving money on alcohol, be sure to let us know!

3 comments:

  1. I clicked on this deal (my husband is a homebrewer), and it came up with Atlanta, but I can't find the midwest deal???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, that is odd -- I click on it and it shows the Midwest deal -- in Atlanta. Did you find it? Let me see if I can get a link not city based.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have updated the link in the blog posting -- please let me know if that works for you!

    ReplyDelete