Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Recipes!




I love the Holidays. Between the music, decorations, excitement, deals and everything else; one thing is always a given. There will be LOTS of great food. 

I am relatively new to cooking but I love trying new things. While cookies, brownies, bars and such are an endless source of joy (and smell wonderful cooking in my oven!), there is one thing I LOVE. Unfortunately I only get it on Thanksgiving and Christmas though! 

Cranberry Sauce. 

For years I hated it. Until I had this family recipe, which I will share with you here:

1 small box of Strawberry Jello
1 1 3/4c boiling water
12ox bag of fresh cranberries (FROZEN)
1 cup of Walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1 packet of dream whip (requires milk and vanilla to mix)

Mix the Strawberry Jello with 1 3/4 cup of boiling water, let it cool and then refrigerate until almost jelled. 

Grind the frozen cranberries and walnuts 

Mix with 1/2 cup of sugar

Follow the directions on the Dream Whip to make 1 packet. 

Mix all ingredients together, cover and stick it in the refrigerator overnight. 

oOo

Pure heaven! 

I didn't have a grinder so I actually used my Vegetable chopper (from Sears Hometown store!)  to finely chop  up the cranberries and walnuts. 

Hope you can enjoy this recipe as much as I do.

Now what is your favorite holiday recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment